Nick Desprs Photography
Blog

Monday, August 23, 2010

Karlie & Dan

I felt I knew Karlie and Dan very well by the time we got to their wedding.  I first met them at a wedding just over a year ago, Dan was chaffeur to Juzy & Chris and even carried my camera bag when we stopped off for a few pictures.  We also met 3 times to shoot their stunning engagement album which served as a guest book at their wedding.  So with a few meetings thrown in to discuss their plans, we were all familiar with each other.  I always value any time with my clients and encourage meetings and engagement sessions, it all helps on the day.

I started at the hairdressers and followed Karlie as she got ready.


 Karlie and her mum look so similar.  I really enjoy the image of Karlie in the mirror which her mum was holding, a very powerful and meaningful picture.  Both looked beautiful of course!





Dan certainly needed that pre-ceremony drink, a more nervous groom I haven't seen!  But what was there to worry about?  Karlie looked so lovely walking up the aisle.

That was a great chaffeur you arranged there Dan!  It was nice to see you again Colin.
For pictures on the way to the reception we stopped off at Gran's house.  This was all we wanted, a beautiful interior and a small, but very pretty enclosed garden.


The reception was held at The Venue, always a good choice. 
 Great speeches, even Diddly Duck made a guest appearance, poor Diddly!



 I certainly am grateful you did do a first dance as I am delighted with the beautiful pictures that resulted.

What a fantastic day.  I look forward to showing you the rest of the pictures on your return from honeymoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment