Nick Desprs Photography
Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Lucy & Gary

Wow, what a day this was!

Lucy & Gary are a couple full of energy so this was a packed day, with so many beautiful moments.

I covered the bride's side of the preparations from the hairdresser onwards.




Lucy really did look so special.


Uncle Paul arrived to take Lucy to St. James.




Meanwhile my wife and assistant Karen was photographing the groom's preparation.


Just when you need your speech to be printed out there's bound to be some trouble!


But a bit of light hearted practice at St. James, followed by a drink, soon calmed any nerves.



Luckily it didn't rain for long when the bride arrived...




Jayne White conducted a very touching humanist ceremony.



There were a lot of dancers and singers at this event.  We were treated to such gorgeous singing, it made the hairs on my neck stand up.  Cait, one of the bridesmaids, was the first to sing.



Then a specially choreographed dance for this wedding, in memory of Lucy's dad Terry.  The emotions were heightened even further by such a sensitive and beautiful display by the dancers from Avril Earl's studio.  They are keen to do performances at events like weddings, so please get in touch with them if this appeals to you.


I also tried to add a bit of my own artistry to this event.  Before anyone asks, as I state in my classes and lectures, I believe in getting as much right in camera, so no software trickery involved in this picture.


Just when people thought it was safe to put the tissues away, we had a couple of songs from Ella.  There probably wasn't a dry eye left in the building.





A few pictures, some champagne for the guests and then onto the Farmhouse for the reception.








Cup-cake heaven for fans of cup-cakes.  Not sure who had the idea for the design of the figures on the top though!



Thank you to Avril for ensuring the groups were all standing exactly as they were meant to be!  Also a big thank you to Benita, the maid of honour, you ensured Lucy was well looked after and made sure I had all I needed too.


The speeches kept everyone laughing throughout.




The evening entertainment was based around the Rat Pack Boys, what amazing talent they have.


The first dance had an enthralled audience.




Colin had travelled from London with his saxophone, yet another demonstration of talent at this wedding.  I wasn't going to waste this opportunity for a few pictures.



Now I didn't realise Lucy could sing too!


This appeared to be a bit of a dance lesson.


Gary, I know your dancing is up to it, but you do seem to be the odd man out here...


This was a long day that seemed to go very quickly.  I was still buzzing with it all well into the next day.


1 comment: