Nick Desprs Photography
Blog

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sam and Gilly

August is a bit of a frantic time for me, it's difficult to keep pace with the weddings and the subsequent work editing the images. I set myself very high standards and will not cut corners in my editing work, it is time consuming but I want to deliver to my clients the very best work. This means long hours editing and selecting the files from the wedding day, but this is one aspect that separates people in my profession. Chose your wedding photographer with care for your once in a lifetime event.

Anyway my last event was another action packed day. Hairdressers, make up and getting ready for the bridal party, a pre-event drink for the groom's party, then the cermony at St. James and a great reception and dance at the Farmhouse.

I am truly passionate about my photography and want to take great images for my clients, pictures I am proud of. I hope you agree the below images give a good summary of the event in a true photojournalistic sense, while providing a beautiful pictorial record too.





Of course I had to record the fact that the couple were lent a special car to go for a drive on the way to the reception.

There is always a need to capture some group shots of family and friends, but I ensure these are done quickly and with an element of fun, of course you all want to enjoy your party and not spend time posing for pictures.

I am always looking for the small off beat moments that others may miss, this next image portrays a new found friendship in a quiet corner of the grounds.

Sam and Gilly decided to break away from the traditional concept of a wedding cake and went for a beautifully constructed "cheese cake" supplied by French Accents. Well worth the effort I would say.


The evening was completed with a dance, it is also a challenge to sum up the atmosphere of the first dance, but I feel this image makes a perfect statement of the intimacey and spectacle that we witnessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment