Nick Desprs Photography
Blog

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Golden Wedding Anniversary

While attending a family celebration today I naturally had to cover the event for the record.  But there is always the opportunity to keep an eye out for something special too.  Here are two images I was very pleased with, just taken as the children were playing naturally in the afternoon.  The saxaphone picture of Alex was in a corner of a room between a couple of windows, a radiator and a set of blinds. Natural light only and some contortions on the floor from me yielded a splendid image that I look forward to getting printed.

This other image of Fern was hastily photographed by looking through a collection of floral gifts.  To me it gives the impression of dense undergrowth or an elaborate hat.  Just goes to show we have to be prepared to deal with unexpected and fleeting chances, and having the eye to spot these opportunities in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment